Friday, December 12, 2008

Elf on the Shelf

2 posts in one day. Look out kids....I'm on a roll.

I bought, just a few days ago, this book called "The Elf on the Shelf" and it came with this little elf doll. The story goes that the magic elf watches you during the day and at night he reports back to Santa whether you have been naughty or nice. Every morning, I move the elf to a new location in the house, thus making it appear that she had left during the evening and came back in the morning. The kids cant touch the elf or she loses her magic. Its a pretty neat idea. If I had a dollar everytime I said "do you really want to act like that? Remember that the elf is watching and she will tell Santa tonight" The best thing about this, IT WORKS! My kids have totally fallen for it and when reminded of the elf they think twice about how they are acting!

Cameron says the elf is creepy, but dolls have always frightened him! Chads Grandma collected dolls and had them all over the house. I remember that Cam was freaked out just going to the restroom there. If you know me at all, you know that was really hard for me not to have a doll standing at the door when he came out that would smile this big creepy smile and talk to him to make him pee his pants. I tell you what, I know its wrong, but I would have laughed for days if I had done that...his face would have been priceless! (Dont you sit there and judge me....I never actually did it!)

If you want a way to keep your kids in line this season, I recommend the elf on the shelf. Tomorrow morning when the kids get up, I think he will be using the restroom. the possibilities are endless with this. Its like my own flat stanely that I can do anything with, or like the time we went with Heather and Ed to Oklahoma to stay in a cabin and I put Aidans Diego doll in all kinds of crazy places, documenting Diegos behavior while on the trip...I love it! Its the little things in life that get me goin'




Till next time...........

No comments: