I am tad bit irritated (and that might be understating it) about something so I thought I would vent here.
Aidan goes to a Mothers Day out for a few hours a couple days a week. I like this place, his teachers are great and he really seems to enjoy all the new friends he has. Yesterday Aidan pooped in his pants, the first accident, poop or otherwise, since he started at this school in August. So, today I drop him off and his teacher asks me if I had a chance to talk to him about pooping in his pants. I said yes, that I had something to him. She then tells me "OK good, because if he has another accident then the director is going to talk to you and she is going to move him to another class." I was floored. Really?! One accident the entire year and you are talking to me about moving him to another class? That seems dramatic to me. This is a 3 year old class, there are going to be accidents! After moving to a new school, I am not comfortable with making him re-adjust to new teachers and new friends. If I am going to HAVE to do that, then I am thinking maybe a new school would be a better fit. Putting him in a class where the kids wear pull ups and are not expected to use the potty will only make his digress and not use the potty....because he wont be expected to in that class after all. I called the director when I got home, after I had time to think in the car. She said the same thing, this is a fully potty trained class. Aidan IS fully potty trained, and the accident was just that, an accident and kids are going to have them. She was nice, but her message still was irritating. She said if he has another accident of any kind they will call me and I will be expected to come pick him up immediately! You would think he was attacking kids, giving black eyes, or biting everyone in sight. Nope, just a little poop or pee! I don't want him pooping in his pants, certainly, but I also don't believe expecting perfection from kids is necessary either! When I signed him up, he was placed in a class. No one told me that accidents would not be tolerated. The website says nothing to this extent. Is it just me, or does it seem silly that if your kid has 2 accidents they will move him to a new class???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I agree whole heartedly that is a bit much.
Post a Comment